Neck Pain:
You may not realize it now, considering that most of you are young enough to be my kids, but at some point down the road you are likely going to have neck or back trouble. For me, I had too many years of running for the Army and doing all of that great exercise that is so good for you, until your clock tic-tocks by the big FIVE OH, 50. So, with all of the degenerative disease and the cartilage between my vertebrae being squeezed, the nerves aint liking what was done to them and now they are hooked on feelings that I’m reminded of quite often. After 500 bucks worth of adjustment from my chiropractor, (although he would have loved for me to spend a lot more) I walked out of his office with an orthopedic pillow, all for an additional 40 bucks. I could have returned it with no problems after using it, as long as it was still in its plastic bag and had the big card-board advertisement with pictures and diagrams of the neck bones and how it was supposed to help me sleep more correctly, in side. Sleeping on a plastic bag aint my thing, so out it came and there went my hopes of returning it too. After the second night, I wanted to burn it. One of these days when my thesis is done, I may have a real large marsh-mellow to throw on the pile. I’m back to my feather pillow, and feeling pretty good.
I have not reached the big 50 but close. Since I have degenerative disc disease, I am all too familiar with the pain of grinding bones. I had actually gone to a Occupational Therapist for a few months and he gave me some exercises and stretches that seem to really help. I will try and remember to bring a copy to our next class. Until then, keep strong and enjoy that feather pillow...I switched back to mine as well.
ReplyDelete