PLN for ITP: Attended a job fair on Saturday for Metro Nashville Schools. In one of the interviews I was given the principal ask me about my Information Technology background. It seems as though he taught himself a lot about the subject and so he wants his future staff members to be connected as part of their teaching strategy. When I mentioned my PLN plan for using the internet to connect to other teaching professionals and to use it as a resource for my students, he soon started to smile. He seem to really like the idea of tying other teaching professionals, students and parents on a blog site for advanced learning the opportunity to be connected outside of the classroom. The interview went well, so I hope to get an offer from him to be a 4th grade teacher for him, soon.
Glad to hear that you got an interview at the job fair. All of the schools I was looking into were full so no interviews for me. Some principals did say that we would talk later since I sub in their schools often. Schools are starting to put a huge focus on technology. The new common core standards include testing on computers. This is going to be really important for the future of education in Metro Schools. Showing that you have an interest and experience with technology is definitely a plus in interviews right now. I am glad that your interview went so well!
ReplyDeleteI am also so glad that your interview went well and glad that you talked with a principal that was encouraging technology. I interviewed for a school in Franklin not too long ago that didn't even have projectors let alone any smart boards. I have recently gotten really excited to connect with other art teachers as part of my pln and am glad that you are having success!
ReplyDeleteThat is AWESOME! Congrats. I think it is wise to mention tying parents, teachers and students into your network and elaborating on it. There is a real push from Metro Public Schools to head in that direction. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete