Sunday, April 22, 2012

Teaching ELL, Thesis

PLN for my Theses:  I’ve managed to edit through chapter three of the thesis.  It was a struggle, but after 11 pages and hours of time, I’ve got a have way decent product prepared to submit.  I’m going to change the name of the chapter to, speaking, reading, writing and comprehending the English language.  Of course that means that I’ve got some editing to do from what I last shared, but in the end I believe it will be more beneficial. For those of you who are fortunate enough to be thinking about your thesis before taking all of your core elements of the curriculum, I’d advise you to pick a topic and start writing now.  I’ve got too many other things going on in my life to just stop and work on my thesis like I would like to.  If I could really do it like I would like to, I’d spend five days a week, eight to ten hours a day and not do anything else.   Fortunately, my wife is a proofreader and so having someone to catch my verb ending problems and missed words, is really nice.  (Incidentally, she will proofread for you as well, very reasonably too.  She is a trained court reporter and has done proofreading for over 30 years….and if you are wondering, no I do not get her to proof these post)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Wow Terry, it seems as if you have gotten a good grip on your thesis. I'm very happy for you. I wish I would have started my thesis process sooner. You have given great advice on starting early. I finally have a topic and now I'm working on my prospectus. Although I do not work right now, it is still kind of hard to dedicate the time that is needed to the thesis. I am making new lifestyle changes to accommodate my thesis. I encourage you to keep moving forward you will soon get to the end! Thanks for letting us know about your wife. I may need to take you up on the offer. We must stay in touch. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete